Bulk Waste Pick-up & Drop-off
Curbside Bulk Waste Pickup is handled by Waste Connections for Choctaw residents. During Bulk Waste pickup, each resident will receive one curbside bulk waste collection. Questions and issues can be directed to Waste Connections at 405-745-2942.
Bulk waste should be on the curb no later than 6 a.m. on the scheduled day of pickup.
Drop off Bulk Waste
In addition to the curbside pickup, you can drop off bulk waste at Ten Acre Lake Park on the Saturday following scheduled bulk waste pickup. This service is for residents of Choctaw only. A Choctaw Utility bill and valid driver's license with Choctaw address should be presented as proof of Choctaw residency.
Ten Acre Lake Park is located off northeast 10th Street between Choctaw Road and Indian Meridian.
2018 Curbside Bulk Waste Schedule
The 2018 Curbside Bulk Waste Schedule dates are:
- Week of May 7th, 2018 on your regular trash day.
- Bulk Waste pickup in Ten Acre Lake Park will be held on Saturday, May 12th from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Week of October 8th, 2018, on your regular trash day.
- Bulk Waste pickup in Ten Acre Lake Park will be held on Saturday, October 13th from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Items must be within 2 feet of the curb. Waste Connections cannot come onto your property to retrieve the bulky waste items.
- Items should be set at least 5 feet from mailboxes, gas meters, cars, shrubs, or anything else that could interfere with the mechanical lifting arm.
- For the same reason, items should be set at least 10 feet away from utility poles, to prevent contact with overhead power lines.
- Waste Connections will pick up as much as 4 cubic yards of bulky waste only (about the size of two refrigerators).
The following items can be picked up:
- Large and small household appliances that do not contain freon
- Large cardboard boxes (broken down and tied into tight bundles)
- Non-Contracted remodeling waste (leftovers from do it yourself projects)
- Trees and limbs (4 feet length bundles)
All items must be contained-no loose materials will be picked up.
The following items cannot be picked up:
- Acids and Caustics
- Appliances containing Freon, such as old refrigerators and air conditioners cannot be picked up
- Automobile frames, crankcases, transmissions, automobile parts, engine cleaners, fuel injectors, motor oils, etc.
- Brake fluid
- Bricks, dirt and rocks
- Car batteries
- Contracted construction, reconstruction, demolition and repair waste
- Contracted tree and grass trimmings
- Gasoline, kerosene and other fuels
- Hospital/medical waste
- Nuclear materials
- Pool chemicals
- Propane tanks
- Rust remover
- Sewage and liquid waste
- Sheetrock or roofing materials
- Tires and rims
For information on where to dispose of these items, refer to our Hazardous Waste Disposal page.