Bulky Waste Pickup and Drop-off
Curbside Bulky Waste Pickup is handled by Waste Connections twice a year for Choctaw Residents. During Bulk Waste pickup each resident will receive one curbside bulky waste collection. Bulky waste should be on the curb no later than 6:00am on the scheduled day of bulk waste pickup. Questions and issues with pickup can be directed to Waste Connections at 405-745-2942.
The 2017 Curbside Bulk Waste Schedule dates are:
- Week of May 8th, 2017 on your regular trash day. Bulk Waste pickup in 10 Acre Park will be held on Saturday, May 13th from 8am to 12pm.
- Week of October 9th, 2017, on your regular trash day. Bulk Waste pickup in 10 Acre Park will be held on Saturday, October 14th from 8am to 12pm.
Items must be within 2 feet of the curb. Waste Connections cannot come onto your property to retrieve the bulky waste items. Items should be set at least 5 feet from mailboxes, gas meters, cars, shrubs, or anything else that could interfere with the mechanical lifting arm. For the same reason, items should be set at least 10 feet away from utility poles, to prevent contact with overhead power lines. Waste Connections will pick up as much as 4 cubic yards of bulky waste only (about the size of two refrigerators).
The following items can be picked up:
- Large and small household appliances
- Large cardboard boxes (broken down and tied into tight bundles)
- Trees and limbs (4 ft length bundles)
- Non-Contracted remodeling waste (leftovers from do it yourself projects), all items must be contained. No loose materials will be picked up.
The following items cannot be picked up:
- Appliances containing Freon, such as old refrigerators and air conditioners cannot be picked up.
- Hospital/medical waste
- Acids and Caustics
- Bricks, dirt and rocks
- Sewage and liquid waste
- Nuclear materials
- Gasoline, kerosene and other fuels
- Propane tanks
- Tires and rims
- Brake fluid
- Car batteries
- Automobile frames
- Crankcases or transmissions
- Automobile parts, engine cleaners, fuel injectors, motor oils, etc.
- Rust remover
- Pool chemicals
- Sheetrock or roofing materials
- Contracted tree and grass trimmings
- Contracted construction, reconstruction, demolition and repair waste.
In addition to the Curbside pickup, you can drop off bulk waste at 10 Acre Lake Park on the Saturday following scheduled bulky waste pickup. This service is for residential customers only. Any oversized or large volume single loads at the Park may be directed to the landfill for conveniences. A Choctaw Utility bill and valid driver’s license with Choctaw address should be presented as proof of Choctaw residence. 10 Acre Lake Park is located off NE 10th Street between Choctaw Road and Indian Meridian. East Oak Landfill is located on NE 36th between Sooner Rd. and Air Depot, questions can be directed to them at 405-427-1112.