The City of Choctaw will be holding a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event
at Choctaw Creek Park on Saturday, May 12th.
Items will be accepted from 8:30 am to 11:30 am.
To participate in this event, you must be pre-registered, and you must live within the City limits of Choctaw.
Only residential waste will be accepted, no commercial waste.
There are a limited number of slots for this event.
- You must pre-register by calling 390-2999.
- Bring your City of Choctaw Utility bill with you when you come to drop off your items.
- Bring your driver license with you when you come to drop off your items.
To register, please call 390-2999 and have your account number available, it is required for pre-registration.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You may always dispose of your household hazardous waste safely at the Midwest City Household Hazardous Waste Recycling & Disposal Facility located at 8726 SE 15th Street.
Items delivered for disposal must be in original containers or correctly labeled and identified in a suitable substitute container.
The following items are acceptable items:
- Acids, Bases and Corrosives
- Aerosol Cans
- Batteries-All sizes and types
- Fertilizers and Oxidizers
- Flammable Solids and Liquids
- Fluorescent Bulbs and Mercury or items containing Mercury
- Household Cleaners and Degreasers
- Propane Tanks-Small aerosol size tanks
- Paint and Paint Related Materials- all oil-based and latex paint. Stains, fillers, spackling, joint compound, wood putty, and caulking are also accepted.
- Pesticides, Herbicides and Fungicides
- Printer Cartridges
- Used Oil and Oil Filters
The following items are NOT accepted:
- Air conditioners*
- Ammunition or explosives
- Asbestos related materials
- Biological or Medical waste
- Pharmaceuticals or medications*
- Radioactive Waste
- Tires or drums regardless of their content.
*See below for places to dispose of these items
CAUTION!!! Items must be transported in such a manner to prevent spilling. If necessary, you may line a cardboard box with a plastic bag, but DO NOT place items in plastic bag that is not supported by a box.
Many items are received in good, usable condition. These items are available for free to residents of the City of Choctaw. All items received through this program must be for personal or nonprofit use.
Call the Household Hazardous Waste Facility in Midwest City at 739-1049 for an appointment and further information. Appointments are scheduled Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm. Bring your current Choctaw Utility bill and your driver’s license when dropping off items.
For more information about hazardous waste disposal, or to schedule an appointment online, visit their website.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Pharmaceuticals can be safely disposed by using the prescription drop box at the Choctaw Police Department located at 13240 NW 23rd St. Call 405-769-3821 for more information.
- Most electronics can be recycled by Best Buy, located at 7231 S.E. 29th St, Midwest City, OK or call 405-733-4829.
- Office Depot, located at 112 N. Air Depot Blvd, Midwest City, OK 405-737-8463 also has an electronics recycling program with costs ranging from $5 to $15. Size and weight restrictions apply. Call for more information or visit their website.
- The Salvation Army accepts donations of working electronics and appliances. Donations are tax deductible, just ask for a receipt when your items are picked up. You can call 1-800-SA-TRUCK to schedule a home pick-up or check out their website for more information.
- For disposal of appliances containing Freon (air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers, etc), contact Stevens Appliances at 2121 S. Air Depot Blvd, Midwest City, OK 405-732-8503. Fees may apply.
- Used oil and used oil filters can be disposed of at AutoZone located at 14429 N.E. 23rd St, Choctaw, OK 405-390-3355
Not sure how or where to dispose of something?
For more information, please view the City of Midwest City’s Household Hazardous Waste Tips.