When winter weather is upon us, it’s time to make plans for possibility of ice and snow making its appearance. Therefore, the City and County leaders from across the OKC Metro Area have worked to develop a regional snow route map that highlights the best route choices for motorists when inclement winter weather strikes.
This snow route information is available here on the ACOG (Association of Central Oklahoma Governments) website.
A snow route map is available for download and printing here.
Please feel free to place a link for this map on your desktop so it will be available to you should conditions warrant.
Also keep in mind these precautions to keep you safe when driving on snow and ice:
- Drive slower
- Watch out for black ice which often forms on bridges and in shaded areas
- Give yourself room to stop by not following as closely as you would in clear driving conditions
- Don’t use cruise control
- Check the pressure in your tires
- Make sure your car’s anti-freeze level is adequate
- Use a windshield wiper fluid that doesn’t freeze
- Pay special attention to the other drivers on the road, they may be driving as if road conditions are ideal
Following these precautions will keep you and your family safe when winter weather hits.