Waste Connections provides trash collection service to the City of Choctaw. Waste Connections picks up different areas of the City throughout the week so your trash pick up day will depend on your location within the City limits. The service map is available for download below and outlines what areas of the city they will pick up each day of the week. Recycling will be picked up every other week. A recycling and bulk waste calendar is available for download below. Residential service guidelines are below and the City of Choctaw Staff and Waste Connections will be available to answer any questions you have concerning your trash service. You may contact Waste Connections at 745-2942.
Residential service guidelines:
Poly carts should be placed with the handle facing away from the street. Your trash container will be blue with a black lid, and your recycling container will be blue with a yellow lid, and will outline the acceptable items that can be placed in the recycle container via a sticker on the lid. Carts must be placed at the curb before 6:00 a.m. on your service day or the night before.
- Please place within 2 feet from the curb. Please do not place your cart in the street.
- Carts should not be placed too close to mailboxes, fences, parked cars or other objects.
- Only your poly cart will be picked up on your regular service day - no other trash cans please
- You may place up to 5 extra bags with your polycart to be picked up.
- Items cannot be placed on top of the cart, as any items placed on top of the cart may fall to the ground or allow animals to scatter your trash.
- Please do not overfill your cart and ensure the lid closes properly.
- Bagging your trash before you put it in your cart will help prevent blowing trash when it is dumped.
If you need an additional cart, they are available and may be ordered by contacting the City of Choctaw at (405) 390-8198.
Observed holidays include New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If an observed holiday falls on a weekday, we will run a day behind for the remainder of the week.